CREAMY LAMB & MUSHROOMS
Serves 4 – 5
750 g Lamb/hoggett, sliced thinly
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
2 onions, minced
250 g mushrooms, sliced
I clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup stock (made from lamb shank if time)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup sour cream
1. Roll lamb in half the flour and salt.
2. Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
Add lamb. Brown evenly, remove from pan.
3. Combine 2 tablespoons flour with drippings in the pan.
Add stock and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until thickened.
4. Add sour cream, heat slowly until gravy simmers.
Add meat and vegetables and heat for a few minutes.
5. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Serve on rice or noodles.