FIVE MINUTE LAMB
If you haven’t much time, try this recipe.It is simple & delicious. Remember don’t overcook it. The recipe is for short loins, but thick flank, rump & topside are also suitable.
2 boneless Lamb short loins
2 tbsps peanut oil
50 gms butter
2-6 tbsps Madeira or other sweet wine
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, tarragon or rosemary
2-3 tbsps cream
1. Cut lamb into 1 cm slices.
2. Heat the oil & 1/2 the butter until very hot and brown the lamb loins or steaks for 2 minutes either side. Remove & keep hot.
3. Discard any grease, add remaining butter, blend in wine & some of the chopped herbs, then cream & reduce slightly.
4. Spoon on to hot plates, add the lamb and serve.
5. Garnish with remaining herbs.