LAMB IN ORANGE SAUCE WITH SPICED JELLY
Serves 4 -6
Lamb topside, thick flank or rump
(Weigh roasts to calculate cooking time as per cooking instruction sheet.) 30 gms butter
2 tbsps orange juice
2 tbsp orange marmalade
1 clove crushed garlic
salt & pepper.
1. Sprinkle lamb with salt & pepper.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add orange juice, marmalade & garlic. Cook until just boiling.
3. Brush the lamb with the mixture and leave at room temperature for about 6 hours.
4. Heat oven to 180-190oC. Place lamb on a rack in a roasting dish. Roast for calculated time.
5. Cover with foil and leave to rest in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
6. Slice across the grain and serve with spiced jelly.
2 tbsps red currant jelly
1 tbsp finely chopped mint
1 large orange, rind & juice
1 tbsp white vinegar.
1) Warm the jelly with rind & juice. When hot and smooth, add the mint.
2) Remove from the heat and add vinegar.
3) Chill and leave for 12 hours for the flavours to mature.
Remember Texel cooks quicker than conventional lamb