LAMB LOINS IN CRUMB COATING
2 Lamb Loins or 6 -8 loin chops
Flour seasoned with salt and black pepper
1 egg lightly beaten
3 tbsps olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 rashers bacon chopped
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 cup white wine or sherry
1 tbsp grainy mustard
1/4 cup stock or water
Freshly ground pepper & salt
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Roll loins in flour, egg & breadcrumbs.
2. Heat 2 tbsps olive oil and cook loins on both sides until golden brown. Set aside & keep warm.
3. Heat remaining tbsp oil in the pan & gently saute onion, bacon & garlic.
4. Add sherry or wine and cook until reduced by half.
5. Add mustard, stock pepper & salt.
Bring to the boil & simmer for 2 minutes and stir in the sour cream, heating gently.
6. Serve over the lamb loins & sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Remember Texel cooks quicker than conventional lamb