LAMB WITH MUSHROOM & PEPPERS
I used a rib-eye fillet sliced into small pieces and found this very successful for this recipe. A quick tasty dish, great served with rice or pasta.
400-500 gms Lamb loin, fillet, or rump
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cracked pepper
3 tbsps olive oil
2 green or red peppers, sliced onion or 8 shallots
3-4 cloves garlic
100 gms sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup sherry or white wine 1 tsp beef or lamb stock
3/4 cup water 1 tsp dried basil or 1/4 to 1/2 cup basil leaves
1. Thinly slice lamb & toss in flour & peppercorns.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil and brown the lamb. Remove to a dish.
3. Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Saute onions or shallots, garlic, peppers & mushrooms for 2 minutes.
4. Add sherry, stock and water, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes
5. Add lamb & basil, stirring until heated through.
Remember Texel cooks quicker than conventional lamb