LAMB WITH ROSEMARY TOPPING
1 Lamb thick flank or topside
(Weigh roasts to calculate cooking time as per cooking instruction sheet.)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
2 tbsps lemon juice
1 dsp tomato paste
1 tsp cracked black peppercorns
1 tbsp seeded prepared mustard
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
2 tbsps chopped fresh rosemary
Oven temp: 190oC
1. Using a sharp knife, make small incisions in the lamb & insert a slices of garlic. Place lamb in a roasting dish.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients, except the thyme & rosemary and whisk until thickened.
3. Brush half the mixture over the lamb and roast for 10-15 minutes
4. Brush lamb with the remaining oil mixture. Sprinkle with thyme & rosemary. Roast for calculated cooking time.
5. Remove lamb from dish and rest covered with foil in a warm place for 15 minutes.
Cut across the grain. Serve.
Remember Texel cooks quicker than conventional lamb